Monday, June 08, 2009

Recent Gesture Instruction @ The Walt Disney Company




These drawings were done from a recent session I taught at the Walt Disney Company. In this class I was stressing to the employees about thinking about the importance of not only capturing the essence of the pose, but making it personal and taking it to a higher level of completion. The level of completion can vary from artist to artist but one of the important things that I try to get artists to think about is the use of "color linking," (a term which I coined that I talk about in depth in Chapter 9 my book - The Art and Feel of Making It Real). This principle is a great way to link each of the drawings from a particular session into a cohesive set, similar to what is done in Visual Development when working on feature films.

Best,

MAC

No comments: